16 hours per week (August 2022 to March 31, 2023)
OVERALL SUMMARY OF DUTIES
As a member of an inter-disciplinary team, the Intake Liaison provides support to and works closely with the Intake Team for both the Hospice Residence and the Psychosocial, Spiritual Team at Bethell Hospice programs. This position reports to the Clinical Team Lead and will work collaboratively with the clients, their families and all other team members towards the achievement of identified palliative care goals and the enhancement of quality of life as defined by client and family.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This position collaborates with the members of the Intake Team and assists with the monitoring and processing of new referrals via all primary referral sources including: Health Partners Gateway (e-referral notifications from Home and Community Care Support Services (HCCSS), and dynamic referrals from the Bethell Hospice website).
Collaborates with the Intake team, Team Leads and other staff as appropriate to provide day to day administrative support to the intake processes. Tasks may include liaising with referral sources to clarify and/or collect additional information, and consulting with newly referred clients. Creating, maintaining and updating new client records and statistical data ensuring accuracy and completion are crucial components in this role.
Gathers information received through e-mails, fax (or efax), web referral or phone. Uploads existing client information in client Infoanywhere (IA) record and notifies appropriate coordinator or provider. Determines Hospice Residence and/or Community Client for new referrals and initiates a new record in IA.
Confirms with referral source that a referral is received and gathers additional information. Sends/receives/enters required documentation
Liaises with HCCSS care coordinator to share and receive additional information as needed. (Shares all self-referrals and referrals from family, physicians, nurse practitioners and other health care providers (including hospitals, retirement homes and long term care homes) not initially received through HPG for processing).
Participates in Quality Control by assisting with chart audits (ie. monitoring for completeness of the chart, accuracy of the chart).
Compiles chart audits and filing,
Completes summary of audits to share with leads
Supports annual updates of physician/nurse practitioner agreements.
Maintains updated intake contacts: for example, funeral homes, transport agencies, etc.
Links with Intake Coordinator (Hospice Residence and/or Community).
Supports waitlist management and flow of information from one program to another (ie. community program to hospice residence, palliative client file transferred to Bereavement Program.
Participates in training and all staff meetings.
- other duties as assigned EDUCATION/QUALIFICATIONS
- Diploma in Health/Social Services/Administration or equivalent
- Fundamentals in Palliative Care an asset
B) KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience with utilizing various database systems, ensuring accuracy and completeness of information
- Experience with health information systems such as InfoAnywhere preferred
C) SKILLS / ATTRIBUTES / COMPETENCIES
- Highly organized, self-directed and detailed oriented
- demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with clients/team in person and in writing
- ability to work independently, as well as, working within a trans-disciplinary team
- well-developed interpersonal skills and ability to work with client/family living with and dying from advanced illness
- ability to organize work and effectively manage multiple conflicting priorities
- highly developed problem solving and conflict management skills
- proficient with the use of computers including MS Office programs (e.g. Word, Outlook), databases, the internet;
- experience creating and maintaining a high volume of sensitive online documentation is an asset
- excels in maintaining privacy and confidentiality at all times
- proven reliability with attendance and consistently meeting commitments
Bethell Hospice is proud to foster a trans-disciplinary team model to support a culture of ongoing learning and skill development. Each employee is expected to be a positive role model for all employees, volunteers, guests, family members, health care professionals, and the community at large.
Starting hourly rate of $20.00 to $22.00 dependent on skills and experience COVID-19
Bethell has implemented strict COVID-19 protocols, training and PPE to protect the safety of our team members, volunteers, residents, and family members. Proof of full vaccinations against COVID 19 and Seasonal Influenza are required. Bethell Hospice offers reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment processes, in accordance with AODA (Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act) and the Ontario Human Rights Code. If you are contacted by Bethell regarding a job opportunity or testing, please advise if you require accommodation. Please note, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Bethell is committed to diversity, inclusion and equity, and encourages all qualified candidates to apply including persons with disabilities, visible minorities (racialized), aboriginal (Indigenous) persons and persons of any gender identity and sexual orientation.
Method of Application: Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com by August 8, 2022.